Having analyzed the top retail brands (with online storefronts) who are actively engaging their customers via such social media channels as Facebook and Twitter, I have come up with my list of the top 10 for the year 2010.
There’s a lot we can learn just by observing them.
So here is my list:
Top 10 Online Retail Brands by Social Media Use in 2010
[data of 11/19/2010 11:25 am ET]
- Converse ~11M FB fans + ~10M here + ~3k followers
- Victoria’s Secret ~10M FB fans + ~7M here + ~26k followers*
- iPod ~8M FB fans
- PlayStation ~6M FB fans + ~500k followers
- Nike ~3M FB fans + ~4M here + ~2M here + ~36k followers
- Adidas ~6M FB fans + ~9k followers
- H&M ~5M FB fans + ~73k followers
- Forever 21 ~3M FB fans + ~110k followers
- Hollister Co. ~3M FB fans + ~23k followers
- Lacoste ~3M FB fans + ~237k followers
*Amazing as it is, but at the time of this post with its 26+ thousands of Twitter followers Victoria’s Secret is yet to tweet their first 140-characters message.