Known under such names as “A/B testing” and “bucket testing”, split testing is a method of marketing testing whereby the performance of two versions of the landing page (or webpage elements) are being tested one against the other. The end goal is to determine which one performs better, or yields lower bounce rate and better conversions (sales, leads, subscriptions, sign-ups, etc) — to go with the better performing page (or page element).
If you’re in online marketing (either as an online merchant, affiliate, or any other type of digital marketer) you must be testing.
Today I’d like to bring you a list 10 popular testing tools that will help you test the different versions of your landing pages (some of the below tools are free, while others are quite affordable):
- Google Website Optimizer – http://google.com/websiteoptimizer/
- Visual Website Optimizer – http://visualwebsiteoptimizer.com/
- LiveBall – http://ioninteractive.com/liveball-landing-page-software/
- A/Bingo – http://bingocardcreator.com/abingo
- PickFu – http://pickfu.com/
- Vertster – http://www.vertster.com/
- Unbounce – http://unbounce.com/
- Sitespect’s A/B Testing – http://www.sitespect.com/
- Five Second Test – http://fivesecondtest.com/
- Vanity – http://vanity.labnotes.org/
If I have missed a tool that must be mentioned here, please do post about it in the “Comments” below.