As the year 2009 was coming to an end, I was approached by the Revenue Performance magazine’s editor-in-chief, who asked me to share my thoughts on how I envisage the affiliate marketing landscape in 2010, what I believe to be the main areas growth, as what will be the areas of challenge.
My article came out in January 2010:
The 6 predictions I have made were:
- Social media will blossom, contributing to the growth of affiliate marketing;
- Following the spread of the mobile Internet, mobile marketing will also grow quickly;
- Transparency will be central, and consumers will continue their active participation in shaping brands;
- It will be the year of Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), and those affiliate marketers that aren’t yet actively involved, should be;
- Online video (no matter what quality; content is key) is set to boom;
- More legislative fights should be expected.
Today mThink has published that article of mine online, and you may read it in full here.