Social Media has come into our lives quickly, beautifully, contagiously; and Social Media (SM) marketing followed almost immediately. Now very few marketers doubt that it has come into our world to stay. Our marketing methods and techniques will change to adapt to the emergence of new technologies and platforms, but SM marketing has already become a vital component of digital marketing — one that cannot be ignored, but must be practiced in an educated way.
How can marketers keep up with all of what’s happening in the quickly developing area of Social Media marketing, and where should they go to look for good readings on the trends and tendencies, as well as real-life case studies, forecasts and other analysis? I say Twitter!
Here are the 7 Twitter accounts that I believe every Social Media marketer is to follow:
- Social Media Today — Tweets of posts on Social Media and Web 2.0 from the world’s best bloggers.
- Social Media Examiner — Twitter account for Michael Stelzner’s online magazine dedicated to helping businesses navigator the Social Media jungle.
- Social Media Club — Organized to bring together people and organizations interested in Social Media to learn from each other and promote media literacy.
- Social Net Daily — Tweets about “the very best resources for Social Media” to help you grow your business.
- Social Media Guide — Social Media Marketing tips, ideas and resources on how best to use Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, LinkedIn, etc.
- Social Media Blog — Official Twitter feed of the Social Media Marketing Blog.
- Mashable Social Media — Social Media news and information.
Have I left out your favorite one(s)? If so, please post about them in the “Comments” are below.