Management of your brand online (be it a personal, or a corporate brand) is arguably one of the most important things you should care about. There are a number of experts that regularly blog and write articles on the subject and are also active on Twitter (sharing their own thoughts and tweeting what others write/say on the subject). If you’re serious about improving your branding and PR skills, especially when it comes to doing it via Social Media and the Internet in general, this Friday I recommend that you start following the 7 Twitter accounts I’m listing below:
- Chris Brogan — Expert in online business communications, marketing and PR through the use of social software, community platforms, and other emerging web and mobile technologies. Co-author of the New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling book Trust Agents.
- Outspoken Media — Internet marketing agency focused on such areas as online reputation monitoring, Social Media, content creation, blog consulting, community building and much more. Known for its “honest, sometimes in-your-face approach to Internet marketing”
- David Meerman Scott — Marketing strategist, keynote speaker, and bestselling author of The New Rules of Marketing & PR
- Brian Solis — One of the original thought leaders in the area of Social Media and PR 2.0. Shares his views and insights on the convergence of PR, traditional media and Social Media
- Bill Stoller — 25-year PR pro helping others get their share of publicity; editor and founder of the Free Publicity Newsletter.
- David E. Henderson — Brand journalist, communications advisor, media strategist, Emmy Award winning former CBS newsman, author of Marketing News in the Digital Era and Making News.
- David Kirk — Public relations consultant with 30+ years of experience.