Management of your brand online (be it a personal, or a corporate brand) is arguably one of the most important things you should care about.
There are a number of experts that regularly blog and write articles on the subject and are also active on Twitter (sharing their own thoughts and tweeting what others write/say on the subject).
If you’re serious about improving your branding and PR skills, especially when it comes to doing it via Social Media and the Internet in general, this Friday I recommend that you start following the 7 Twitter accounts I’m listing below:
- Chris Brogan — Expert in online business communications, marketing and PR through the use of social software, community platforms, and other emerging web and mobile technologies. Co-author of the New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling book Trust Agents.
- Outspoken Media — Internet marketing agency focused on such areas as online reputation monitoring, Social Media, content creation, blog consulting, community building and much more. Known for its “honest, sometimes in-your-face approach to Internet marketing”
- David Meerman Scott — Marketing strategist, keynote speaker, and bestselling author of The New Rules of Marketing & PR
- Brian Solis — One of the original thought leaders in the area of Social Media and PR 2.0. Shares his views and insights on the convergence of PR, traditional media and Social Media
- Bill Stoller — 25-year PR pro helping others get their share of publicity; editor and founder of the Free Publicity Newsletter.
- David E. Henderson — Brand journalist, communications advisor, media strategist, Emmy Award winning former CBS newsman, author of Marketing News in the Digital Era and Making News.
- David Kirk — Public relations consultant with 30+ years of experience.
As always, if your favorite “tweeple” that work in this area are missing from my above list, please do add them by posting a link to their Twitter profile in the comments below.
8 thoughts on “7 Branding and PR Experts to Follow on Twitter”
Geno – Stellar list. Thanks for including me.
Thanks for the list.
Also, let’s not forget:
This list should include Ann Marie van den Hurk (@amvandenhurk on Twitter) who blogs at http://www.ann-sense.com/ and provides valuable insights into social media for nonprofits and other small businesses from her firm van den Hurk PR (http://vandenhurkpr.com/).
After a successful tour as head of communications for the Girl Scouts in Delaware, Ann Marie has been rocking in her own consultancy doing branding, positioning, and all of this stuff.
You should follow her too.
Great list. I’m currently following three out of seven. Will now bump up to 7:7. Thanks for sharing!
Nice list; however, I think it is very incomplete. Missing names that pop into my head as folks I go to for original content and trusted advice who are missing:
Steve Lubetkin (@podcaststeve) – He’s been involved in social media since the beginning.
Deirdre Breakenridge (@deirdrebreakenridge) – Author and champion of social media
Both have been involved in transforming the profession of public relations.
I could come up with more…
Thanks for your comments, everyone. Excellent additions.
Eric Ward (@ericward)
He was the original online PR firm, 1994. AKA linkmoses.
Great list. Following a few of those already from Dublin, Ireland.