The launch of Google Instant (a new way of searching the Internet via Google, which is meant to save the end user between 2 and 5 seconds on each search) has produced a wide resonance which has touched nearly every area of digital marketing, but especially everything that is immediately influenced by search (paid or organic).
Much has been written on the topic over the past 7 days, but not everything may be worth your precious time.
To narrow things down, I’ve decided to compile my personal list of favorite posts, articles and a podcast on the topic of Google Instant and how it affects (or may affect) those of us dependent on SEM (read: everyone).
Here is my list:
- Google Instant and what it means for Affiliate Marketing by Paul Wright
- Google Instant and the Affiliate by Mark John Hiemstra
- Google Instant and its impact on Affiliate Marketing by yours truly
Paid Search Marketing
- Will Google Instant Kill The Long Tail? by John Ellis
- Google Instant: Impact on Paid Search (PPC) Programs by Rise Interactive
- Google Instant Will Not Cause Death by Starvation by Nate Griffin
- How Adwords will be Affected by Google Instant podcast by David Szetela & Brad Geddes (corresponding blog post here)
- Google Instant AdWords Trouble by David Iwanow
SEO & Organic Search
- Google Spam Fighter Matt Cutts Weighs In On The “Death” Of SEO (Or Lack Thereof) by Jason Kincaid
- Dear Mainstream Media — Please Remove Foot From Mouth by Rae Hoffman
- The impact of Google Instant Search on SEO: Introducing Pass Through Impressions by Franz Enzenhofer
- SEO Is Here To Stay, It Will Never Die by Danny Sullivan
Other Must Reads
- Google Instant Search Myths Debunked by Emma Davis
- Google Instant Is Not The Terminator by Nate Griffin
If I have missed any articles which, in your opinion, must be on the above list, please do post about it in the “Comments” area below.