Almost a month has passed since I have made my Blog — Best Friend of An Affiliate post, and today I would like to return to the topic of running blogs once again.
Over the past months I have been noticing a significant growth in traffic of the two blogs that I run: this one, and one for Langbridge. I see my posts grabbing excellent rankings in major search engines (within minutes after posting too!) and this certainly encouraging to see.
The day before yesterday, @MackCollier made an interesting blog post where he talked about the “secrets of the top marketing and social media blogs” [see his full post here]. Has discovered that the top 25 blogs in these categories have some commonalities we can learn from. These are:
- They publish new posts often
- Every blog/blogger listed in the Top 25 is on Twitter
- Most bloggers provide multiple social sites where you can connect with them
- They create original content [italics mine]
- They make it easy for you to subscribe to their content, and share it
- Longevity always wins (i.e. the longer the blog has been around, doing all of the above, the better)
My conclusion: Quality Content + Combination of Social Platforms = Popularity.
Good insight, Mack. Good points to remember for everyone who’s blogging their way to that top 100, 50, or even 25 list.