If you’re an affiliate, and you are not yet blogging — you’re missing out! You are missing out, because you are not utilizing one of the best methods of driving targeted (or even niche) traffic to your website.
Pick a topic you’re passionate and knowledgeable about, and start a blog today! It is extremely easy to do using WordPress (hosted on their server or yours), and you can get going in a matter of minutes.
Once you’ve started a blog, make sure you:
- Post in it regularly (once a day is fairly easy to stick with)
- Write about topics that are hot
- Blog on topics in a way that adds value
- Keep your blog post titles keyword-rich, and your blog pages SEO-friendly
- Respond to comments made under your posts in a timely manner (this may help you create a whole social community around your blog at one point)
- Utilize social bookmarking
- Add a forum to your blog when you have enough active visitors for them to create discussions of their own
Blogs that are updated frequently are also frequently indexed by search engines. If you stay on top of things that are important in your niche, and blog in a value-added manner, you will soon gain your own audience. The Internet has removed the need for you to go to a publisher to publish your thoughts in order for them to be communicated to the world. You can start speaking to the world in a matter of minutes. And, if you do it wisely, you can also make a few extra bucks along the way… Best of luck using blogs in your affiliate marketing!