Did you know that there are a number university professors who are quite active on Twitter? Among these there plenty of true marketing experts that you and I can find of great help. So you wouldn’t need to take any online schooling classes in marketing, but can just follow their tweets instead.
Today I’d like to bring you my list of the top 10 marketing professors to follow on Twitter, which you may find below.
- Chuck Martin — Director of Center for Media Research, New York Times bestselling author, mobile evangelist, and adjunct professor at the University of New Hampshire (USA).
- Beth Harte — Client Services Director at Serengeti Communications, integrated marketer, blogger, speaker, and adjunct professor at Immaculata University (USA).
- Andres Silva Arancibia — Consultant an speaker on topics such as branding, communication, management and strategy; marketing professor at Instituto DuocUC (Chile).
- Dave Chaffey — Bestselling author, consultant and speaker. Formerly senior lecturer at the University of Derby, Honorary Life Fellow of the Institute of Direct Marketing, lectures on ecommerce and digital marketing at such schools as the Universities of Birmingham, Cranfield, Leeds and Warwick (UK).
- Mark Schaefer — Blogger, CMO for small companies, marketing entrepreneur, consultant, and adjunct professor at Tusculum College (USA).
- Patrick Strother — Founder of SCG PR, expert in digital PR and branding, visiting associate professor at the University of Minnesota (USA).
- Joe Bob Heste — Professor of Advertising at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (USA).
- David Gerzof — Founder of BIGFish Communications, Social Media professor at Emerson College (USA).
- Alan See — Vice President of Marketing at Berry Network (an AT&T company), Social Media consulting practice leader, and associate professor at the University of Phoenix (USA).
- Sidneyeve Matrix — Tweets on such subjects as Social Media, eMarketing, mobile technology and edTech. Mass communications professor at Queen’s University (Canada).
If there any other ones you want to mention, please post their Twitter handles below.
4 thoughts on “10 Marketing Professors to Follow on Twitter”
Janet, thanks for adding yourself to the list. You’re showing some exemplary monitoring of social media for relevant info/lists — just as any marketing communications academic should do.
Thanks, Mark. I bet many more joined Twitter in the course of the 7+ months following the publishing of the above post. Maybe I need to do some research, and put together a “top 20” or even “top 50” list.