It’s Friday again, and I decided to dedicate my today’s #FollowFriday-style post to experts and companies that tweet great small business advice.
My list is actually made up of two smaller lists: 10 people, and 15 periodicals and small business communities to follow.
Disclaimer: None of the below are meant to be a ranking of any kind.
Small Business Experts:
- Anita Campbell — Besides being a good friend of mine, Anita is also the CEO of Small Business Trends, an online small business community reaching over 250,000 each month. Her tweets, articles and interviews are always insightful, and highly recommended.
- Alexandra Levit — Business/workplace author, speaker, and columnist. Helping people find meaningful work and succeed once they get there.
- John Jantsch — Small business marketing and digital technology coach and author of Duct Tape Marketing and The Referral Engine.
- Dane Carlson — Blogger, consultant. Business opportunities and ideas expert.
- Melinda Emerson — Host #SmallBizChat, author, speaker, and business coach. Expert in start-up, social media marketing & reinventing a business.
- Martin Zwilling — Veteran startup mentor, executive, blogger, author, tech professional, and angel investor. Published on Forbes, Harvard Business Review, and Huffington Post.
- Pamela Slim — Business coach and author of Escape from Cubicle Nation.
- Brent Leary — Co-founder and partner of CRM Essentials LLC, a CRM consulting/advisory firm focused on small and mid-size enterprises.
- Becky McCray — Rural entrepreneur. Teaching new marketing with TourismCurrents.com. Learning from small town businesses about survival and community building.
- Michael Port — New York Times bestselling author of four books including Book Yourself Solid, Beyond Booked Solid, The Contrarian Effect and The Think Big Manifesto. Founder of Booked Solid Univeristy, a coaching program for small business owners.
Periodicals & Online Business Communities:
- Harvard Business Review
- Fortune Magazine
- Entrepreneur Magazine
- New York Times Small Business
- WSJ Business
- WSJ Personal Finance
- LA Times Business News
- Fast Company
- Small Business Expo
- True Small Business
- Small Business Tech
- Success Magazine
- AOL Small Business
If I have missed your favorite accounts, please mention them in the “Comments” area below.