Good thing Dave Chaffey tweeted a link to Gary Robinson’s Your 60 Second Mobile Review post yesterday. I got hooked on this immediately, and was indulging myself in the analysis of my site’s mobile visitors literally seconds after reading Gary’s post.
- Approximately 3.5% of visitors view my website via mobile devices
- Regardless of how small the above percentage may seem, it accounts for (or translates into) thousands of visitors every year
- The top 3 operating systems over the past four months have been: iPhone (58%), Android (13.6%), and iPad (12.9%)
- The lowest bounce rate registered with “mobile devices” has been with iPad users (natural, isn’t it?)
- Start monitoring this particular set of stats more frequently/closely
- Work on optimizing my mobile visitors’ experience (especially those accessing the website on their iPhones and iPads)
The fourth quarter is quickly approaching (yes, the first day of calendar Fall is here already!), but there is still time to analyze your websites, and make them (especially those of them that are in any way related to the Q4 shopping season) more mobile-friendly.