One of the suggestions under my Digital Marketer’s Twitter 100+ Master List was to put together a list of SEO experts to follow on Twitter. The day has finally come and today I will indeed focus on the Search Engine Optimization experts you don’t want to miss.
Here is my list (not a ranking, just a list of folks and online resources — broken into two lists, arranged by the number of followers on the day of this post — whose tweets I often find to be of great help):
- Matt Cutts — Famous Googler (been with the company since January 2000). Head of Google’s Webspam team.
- Rand Fishkin — CEO & Co-Founder of SEOmoz. He tweets 15-20 times each week, mostly insights and articles about startups, search and social.
- Aaron Wall — Founder of SEO Book (aka SEOBook.com), the #1 SEO training program.
- Nate Moller — SEO and Social Media specialist in Utah & an eCommerce mentor. Passion for blogging, social media, and biz partnerships.
- Shimon Sandler — Passionate about Search Marketing (SEO and PPC). SEO consultant. Tweeting about Search Engine industry news, strategies, and tactics.
With lists like these, its inevitable for me to miss some people who may be regarded by you as real stars worthy the inclusion. I apologize if this has happened. If I have indeed missed your favorite SEO expert (or resource), please do post about them below, and I will make sure they make my next huge master list of Twitter accounts for digital marketers to follow.