It’s Friday again, and in this week’s #FollowFriday blog post/list of mine I’d like to turn the spotlight to some of the top usability experts out there.
As often is the case with these lists that I put together, the below one shouldn’t be read as any kind of ranking, but just as a compilation of useful Twitter accounts to follow on the topic.
- UX Magazine — A leading, Webby-nominated, online user experience publication.
- Garth Von Buchholz — Author, educator and certified usability analyst.
- Measuring Usability — A quantitative usability and research firm providing consulting in statistical analysis, usability testing and survey design and analysis
- Nick Finck — User experience director at Blink Interactive. Former editor in chief of Digital Web Magazine and founder of Blue Flavor.
- Joshua Porter — Co-founder of @Performable and co-creator of @ABTests
- UX Design — User experience design and web development stream. Operated by kind robots – for this special human touch please check out @ux.
- Craig Tomlin — Marketing, SEO and user experience consultant
- Jane Pyle — User Experience designer focused on iPhone and iPad app design. Interests: emotional design, game design, gestural interfaces.
- UXmatters — Web magazine about user experience matters, providing insights and inspiration for the user experience community.
- Interaction Design Association — Official global Twitter feed of the organization.
If I have missed your favorite usability expert or a must-follow account that is actively tweeting on this topic, please do post about them below.
7 thoughts on “10 Usability Experts to Follow on Twitter”
Thanks for the mention, Geno. I really do appreciate it. I would also recommend Jared Spool (@jmspool) for your list 🙂 Also, just as a FYI, you can follow Blink Interactive at @BlinkUX, I am planning on expanding the content depth and frequency for that twitter account. 🙂
Thanks for the suggestions, Nick, and I’ve just hyperlinked the Twitter handles you’ve mentioned. Keep on tweeting the good stuff!
Seconding Jared Spool. I would also include Cia Romano at Interface Guru (@ciaromano). Tons of solid work and research, focusing on touchscreens, kiosks, and media properties.
Susan Weinschenk, Luke Wreblowsli, Jared Spool, Jakob Neilsen, Bruce Tognazini too might just fit the bill. Hope this helped.
Dan, Sachin, thank you for these great suggestions. I’ve linked all of the ones I could find on Twitter. Could you please provide Twitter handles of the 3 I couldn’t locate?
Pingback: Полезные ссылки выпуск №3 | Юзабилист
Kim Krause Berg https://twitter.com/#!/kim_cre8pc
Tweets on UX, has an online paper on UX, and more.