Neuromarketing is “the application of neuroscience to marketing”. It “includes the direct use of brain imaging, scanning, or other brain activity measurement technology to measure a subject’s response to specific products, packaging, advertising, or other marketing elements”. On a more general level, “neuromarketing also includes the use of neuroscience research in marketing”. [source] This relatively new approach to marketing fascinates me quite a bit, and this Friday I’d like to bring you a number of experts who are working in the field, and are great to follow on Twitter:
- Roger Dooley — Neuromarketing evangelist, Web community and SEO guy, wine blogger. Write and speak about novel branding, advertising, and marketing techniques.
- Dan Ariely — Professor of psychology and behavioral economics at Duke University, author of Predictably Irrational and The Upside of Irrationality.
- Jennifer Williams — Brain, behavior, and marketing, oh my! Host of Neuromarketing chat #nmchat.
- Myo Neuromarketing — Myo [my-oh] translates from Japanese as “indescribable perfection; mysterious, extraordinary and marvelous”. This particular company works (and tweets) on psychological optimization to increase Internet sales.
- Neuromarketing — Companion Twitter account of NeuroScienceMarketing.com, a site which chronicles the intersection of marketing, branding, and brain science.
- Christophe Morin — Passionate for neuromarketing. Currently pursuing a PhD in Media Psychology with Fielding Graduate Institute. Co-author of Neuromarketing: Understanding the Buy Buttons in Your Customer’s Brain.
- NeuroFocus — World’s largest neuromarketing research lab — founded by Dr. A.K. Pradeep, author of The Buying Brain: Secrets for Selling to the Subconscious Mind — analyzing brainwaves and eye-tracking to improve effectiveness.
- John Bidwell — President of Bidwell ID, a branding and marketing firm, who blogs about neuromarketing.
- Michael Ferguson — Neuroimaging PhD student & aspiring writer; interested in prosocial dynamics, neurotechnology, and the sacred.
- Martial Rolland — International business marketing intelligence advisor, speaker, Creative Director at btoone (Montreal-based advertising agency heavily focused on neuromarketing emotionomics).
The above list is arranged merely according to my personal preference. Most of the descriptions are taken from respective Twitter bios.
If I have missed someone who, in your opinion, should be mentioned in a post like this, please do let me know by posting about them in the “Comments” area below.