I believe that there are 5 main reasons why people fail at affiliate marketing:
- Lack of education — thorough (and ongoing) education saves you both time and money
- Laziness — there is no such thing as big-bucks-fast (if not at the expense of violating rules, of course), and you want to be prepared to work, and do so in a highly disciplined way
- Lacking persistence — to succeed in affiliate marketing you want to be patient and persistent
- Failing to diversify — never put all your eggs into one basket
- Not testing — to achieve considerable success any online marketer must constantly test and optimize
Regardless of what you may see written elsewhere on the web, there is no such thing as fast and easy money earned through affiliate marketing. Yes, there are shortcuts that let you “work smarter, not harder”, but you still gotta work. Every super affiliate I know passionately loves what they do, and has achieved success by avoiding all of the 5 above-quoted reasons others fail.