Noun: A program (as of music or talk) made available in digital format for automatic download over the Internet [source]
There is an array of affiliate marketing-related podcasts all around the place, and to help you navigate the ocean, I’ve decided to put together a list of those that I believe to be worth highlighting in 2011 (sorry those guys and gals who haven’t recorded anything since 2010). You may find it below.
Again, as it was the case with the list of affiliate marketing bloggers to follow, the below list is not a ranking, and the order is merely alphabetical.
Without further ado, here is my list:
- Affiliate ABCs and Merchant ABCs — Deborah Carney and Vinny O’Hare discuss affiliate marketing-related topics with affiliates, program managers, and merchants.
- Affiliate Buzz — One of the industry’s oldest podcasts, where since 2003 James Martell is ” keeping affiliates informed, inspired and motivated”.
- Affiliate Marketing Fanatics — A podcast where “a couple of hyper-caffeinated affiliate marketers (Mike Buechele) and (Trisha Lyn Fawver) talk about all things affiliate marketing”.
- Affiliate Marketing Today — A “Think Tank radio show hosted by the team at RevenueWire.com that offers knowledge and analysis on e-commerce conversion strategies and current issues in affiliate marketing”.
- Affiliate Thing — Affiliate marketing commentary, interviews, and various segments hosted by Lisa Picarille and Shawn Collins.
- AffiliateVoices.com — Greg Hoffman and Cindy Ballard interview the world’s top affiliates.
- Both Sides of the Track — Jason Rubacky and Eric Nagel discuss industry issues from two different points of view: as an affiliate and as an affiliate development manager.
- Coffee Talk Interviews — Another podcast by James Martell where through interviews he is communicating how “to make money by building profitable websites from the ground up”.
- Geek Dads Weekly, Inside Internet Marketing, Be a Better Podcaster, and other podcasts produced by Daniel M. Clark are awesome for affiliate marketers to follow.
- PMA Industry Report — “Performance Marketing Association Industry Report, a podcast” hosted by Lisa Picarille and “dedicated to the most pressing issues impacting advertisers, publishers, networks and agencies.”
If a podcast you enjoy has been missed (important: it must be on or directly related to affiliate marketing), please do post about it in the “Comments” area below.
14 thoughts on “10+ Affiliate Marketing Podcasts to Follow in 2011”
Would love to have Blogging ABC’s included sometime as well! Deb has done a great job getting that one restarted. I’m loving our guests each week. 🙂
Is Blogging ABCs also affiliates-oriented?
It’s part of the same “ABCs” series as Merchant and Affiliate ABCs. We talk about everything from SEO to social media to site design. It’s not specific only to affiliate marketers, but would apply to all content affiliates as well.
Gotcha. Will have to start listening to that one too. As soon as I find a minute… 🙂
Thanks for listing us Geno!
I listen to every one of these podcasts, they’re almost all part of the geekcast.fm network of podcasts. Great site Geno!
Yes, and GeekCast.fm is an awesome idea and site too
I listen to about 20 different podcasts (I drive around Austin a lot). Anyway, I have listened all of the above. Most of them are very good.
I would add the following:
Internet Marketing Insider (IM some AM): http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/internet-marketing-insider/id168492891
Affiliate Marketing Insider (http://www2.webmasterradio.fm/affiliate-marketing-insider/) is good.
The Affcon series are pretty good too. (webmaster radio)
Not a lot of Affiliate stuff on it (there are some), but every affiliate should listen to “Automate My Small Business.” It is excellent. (http://automatemysmallbusiness.com/)
There are some really relevant ones in the realms of SEO, landing page optimization and analytics for Affiliates, but those aren’t related to affiliate marketing or Internet Marketing.
My 2 cents.
Hey Geno, thanks for including the Affiliate Buzz and my Coffee Talk series in your list. It’s much appreciated.
I recently started listening to Daniel Clark’s show. It has very comfortable and casual tone. I like how he incorporates his real life experiences as a dad.
I am a regular listener of Lisa Picarille and Shawn Collins on the Affiliate Thing. Vinny and Deborah as well.
I am going to go check out the other shows now.
Thanks for including our ABCs series Geno, we work hard at it and have a wonderful selection of guests that discuss relevant issues. As Tricia said, she is now part of the Blogging ABCs podcast which is aimed at bloggers but also at monetizing their sites, mainly with affiliate marketing.
I’m a better talker than writer and I love discussion formats rather than just putting my own opinion out there. Podcasts and upcoming screencasts are a perfect venue for me, as blogging is a great venue for so many others.
ABCs series is great. I am a frequent listener.
Thanks for the inclusion, Geno! And thanks James for the compliment. My stuff is largely on a short break while I move into a new house and get my new podcasting studio set up… Geek Dads Weekly will still be Thursdays even during the transition, but in about three weeks or so I’ll be back with all my other shows. I’m thinking of a sort of re-launch, maybe a new logo for a month or so that reads “QAQN 2: Electric Boogaloo: The Return – This Time It’s Personal”. What can I say, I like bad 80’s movies. Now if you’ll excuse me, I think I’ll go watch Gymkata.
Thanks for the useful marketing list 🙂