I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been asked about the earnings of the world’s top affiliate networks lately.
So, I’ve decided to put together a blog post, aggregating the respective data. Unfortunately, not all affiliate networks release their quarterly or annual figures, and some that do, don’t single out their affiliate marketing earnings [like Google for example]. But here is what we see for those that do publish the figures that so many are interested in:
- Revenue – $43,944,000 (vs $39,794,000 in Q4 2011)
- Cost of revenue – $4,656,000
- Gross profit – $39,288,000
- Operating expenses – $10,913,000
- Segment income from operations – $28,375,000
- Revenue – $149,527,000 (vs $139,409,000 in 2011)
- Cost of revenue – $17,546,000
- Gross profit – $131,981,000
- Operating expenses – $40,631,000
- Segment income from operations – $91,350,000
Source: ValueClick Announces Fourth Quarter 2012 Results
2012 Growth Data:
- 31% year-over-year (YoY) growth
- Thanksgiving Day: 54% YoY growth
- Black Friday: 31% YoY growth
- Cyber Monday: 37% YoY growth
Source: Rakuten LinkShare Wraps Up 2012 with Double Digit Growth
- Net sales: SEK 2,307.7 M (vs 2,612.7 M in 2011)
- Gross profit: SEK 541.5 M
- Operating profit: SEK 0.0 M (vs 127.1 M in 2011)
- Adjusted* operating profit: SEK 36.3 M (127.1)
a) TradeDoubler is a Swedish company. Hence, the SEK for currency. Per Oanda, SEK converts into USD at ≈0.155.
b) *Adjusted for change-related costs and write downs of intangible assets
Source: Year-End Report January – December 2012 [full PDF here]
If you have seen any other 2012 data on affiliate networks’ earnings (either the above-mentioned ones, or other networks out there), I would really appreciate you sharing the respective links in the “Comments” are below.
4 thoughts on “2012 Affiliate Network Earnings and Year-over-Year Growth”
Pingback: Marketing Day: March 13, 2013
I have one more from Europe,Zanox.
It says the revenue was 461 Mio EUR in 2012 and is up by 21.4 Mio compared to 2011. EBITDA is 28 in 2012.
You’ll find it here in german:
Geno, do you have the same data base for some of the Russian actors in affiliate marketing? It would be interesting to compare the revenues or % of margin, for example
I don’t know that any Russian affiliate networks are disclosing these figures, Anastasiya; but I do have some data on the Russian market here.