Two weeks ago I started a contest asking you to submit “some of the more innovative and effective ways to find affiliates, reach out to them, or convince them to sign up with affiliate programs.” The prizes at stake were 2 passes to the upcoming Affiliate Summit West 2014 (where I will be speaking on the “22 Effective Ways to Recruit Quality Affiliates”).
We’ve had some nice suggestions. But the two that, in my opinion, were the best came through in the comments by Ishank Badhani and Robin Guerasio. Between their comments one can count at least 12 tools and tips on how to recruit affiliates. Here they are:
Tools to Use:
1. Search engines
2. Social (forums, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
3. Google Alerts (use your keywords, your brand name, and your competitor name)
4. Blog search engines (e.g.: Technorati and Blogcatalog)
5. Blogrolls on affiliate sites
6. Citation Labs Link Prospector
7. BuzzStream (finds contact information, helps manage affiliate details, and follow up)
8. Use a branded email address for affiliate recruitment
9. Embed compelling incentives into recruitment emails
10. Remember to follow up
11. When using Google Apps, install rapportive plug-in, and upload profile picture
12. Offer affiliate widgets and other needed tools to attract affiliates
Unfortunately, regardless of his stellar comment, Ishank cannot attend the conference. So, I’m giving away the second pass to Mark for this thoughtful comment.
Congratulations to the winners, and many thanks for good comments! See you in Vegas in just a few weeks!!
3 thoughts on “12 Tools and Tips on How to Find, Attract and Recruit Affiliates”
Thanks for the free pass! Looking forwarded to the show. See you in Vegas.
The best way to attract affiliates is to give them an higher %!
This is going to work.
I do offer higher % ，5-10% commision， But no one is interested