A few months ago I wrote how an affiliate campaign can be killed with a landing page, an unthoughtfully created one, or an altogether nonexistent one (scenario when the homepage of the website is used instead). Yesterday I’ve had two people ask me exactly the same question:
1. Do you have any samples of good landing pages for coupon campaigns?
2. Wanted to get some feedback on landing pages from you. I know how important it is for successful landing pages. The success of an affiliate campaign depends a lot on how well that landing page converts otherwise all the affiliate traffic can go to waste. There are a lot of useful articles on your blog… Is there any other info that you can share on the landing pages?
Some 4,000 years ago an early Emperor of the Xia Dynasty in China said that “a picture speaks a thousand words”. I have therefore decided to make this post concise in the wording/recommendations (eloquent and straight to the point), but abundant in examples/screenshots of well-created landing pages.
When running a coupon campaign through your affiliate program, you must have a landing page different from the homepage of your website. The coupon-specific landing page should:
- Reinforce the details of the promo/campaign
- Provide instructions on how to redeem the coupon
- Spell out any restrictions the customer should be aware of
- Have a clear call to action
Over 95% of the merchants whose coupon landing pages I have reviewed — and I’ve studied more than 100 coupon campaigns over the past 2.5 hours — either have only one, or none of the above-mentioned points covered. Very few merchants do it the right way, but those that do, register higher conversion rates. This makes both the merchant, and the affiliate happy, and builds up an affiliate program.
The following exemplary landing pages — created by merchants for affiliate coupon campaigns — either cover all of the above-mentioned points, or apply the coupon/discount automatically:
Buy.com Dollar Off Coupon
UnseenOnTV.com % Off Coupon
Hocks.com’s Deal of the Day
Avenue.com Dollar Off Coupon
(note: graphics, no text, no organic SE competition with affiliates)
Sierra Trading Post % Off Coupon
I’ll be honest with you: this post took me longer than any other post in my blog to date. When I first starting writing, I didn’t expect it to get this difficult to find merchants with good landing pages for affiliate coupon campaigns.
If you are not yet providing these, you are hurting your own affiliate program.