From all definitions of “competitive intelligence” that I have seen I like Christopher West’s best of all. He eloquently defined it as “the process by which companies inform themselves about every aspect of their rivals’ activities and performance” (Competitive Intelligence, p. 12). There are multiple tools to monitor your competitors, but this post isn’t about them. Many of these tools have official Twitter accounts, and those don’t cost a penny to follow (unlike the access to full versions of the tools). Today I’d like to bring you Twitter account of the top 5 competitive intelligence tools out there. These are:
- Compete — Competitive intelligence solutions for digital marketing professionals. By the way, they have an excellent affiliate program too.
- comScore — Global source of digital market intelligence and a popular measurement service.
- Experian Hitwise — The latest Internet usage and search data from Experian Hitwise in the US and Canada
- Quantcast — The world’s first open audience measurement service, free to both publishers and marketers.
- Alexa — Official Twitter account of the company. I wish they were tweeting more though.