If you’ve been to Affiliate Summits, you know that as you enter the room to attend any session (be it a keynote presentation, a breakout session, or an “Ask the Experts” one), you are handed a feedback form. I love the way they’re encouraging people to participate in the betterment of the event by providing (a) their ranking of both content and presentation (both on 10-point scales), and (b) their comments/suggestions too. Not only does this information help the organizers (to select the best possible speakers for their next event(s)), but it is also of tremendous help for every speaker — helping them improve their speaking and presentation skills.
I have just received the feedback on my Affiliate Summit West 2012 presentation which, as you may remember, I did on Advanced Affiliate Management Presentation [highlights and slides here]. Nearly 50 attendees filled out their feedback forms after/during my session; and more than half entered additional comments, which are always invaluable to me.
Here are all (both positive and negative) comments that I have received (original spelling and format retained):
- Really enjoyed the speaker. Full of great ideas and very knowledgeable
- Best session speaker! Very organized!
- Best session so far
- He was full of incredible information
- Like that he introduced himself and work he’s done before presentation. Like that he told auidience to use mike for questions so hall can hear (not all presenters do this)
- Excellent speaker!
- Great as always!
- Geno was extremely knowledgeable & helpful.
- Good overview. More basic than advanced
- Very informative, organized well. Speaker sped through slides slightly but that’s ok. Having copy of preso on his blog is helpful.
- One smart dude. Very easy to follow.
- Very useful and practical!
- Great session!
- Thank you for all the scenarios and solutions to those issues.
- Geno went straight to the problems, identified it and gave a solution.
- Great insight
- Spoke very fast
- Very helpful & targeted towards merchants.
- Best content so far for Aff mgrs! Best of show. THX. Adware TOS nice
- Great session great book
- Most valuable content for me, to-date.
- I would like the session to be on a higher level, more advanced content. I find the subjects very basic.
- Geno’s great. Probably shouldn’t have read the book prior to the talk though. Ha.
- The session was very slow and some of the information on the slides was too small and too crowded to read.
I just love that #24! In comparison with #10 and #17, and knowing that I did speed through the slides (to make sure as much ground is covered — both more foundational, and more advanced) assuring the listeners that they will get access to my full slide-deck and all the key links on the evening of the same day, it almost seems like a feedback form from some other session got into “my” pile.
Either way, great to receive this; and looking forward to speaking at Affiliate Summits in the future. It is always a treat.