UPDATED: September 28, 2017
Yesterday, a good question was asked by an affiliate who is reading my blog. The essence of it may be summarized as follows:
What are some of the tools for processing merchant data feeds available to affiliates?
So, I decided to sit down, and compile a fairly comprehensive list of data feed tools that are available out there. I’ve come up with a list of twenty such tools (in the order of my personal preference), which I have seen in action, and am confident to list them here:
1. PopShops — Easy-to-use solution with a web interface which allows affiliates to create storefronts mixing and matching products from different merchants on different affiliate platforms.
2. GoldenCAN — Offers a number of easy cut-and-paste integration solutions include on for affiliate data feeds of multiple merchants.
3. WebMerge — Allows affiliate to publish data feeds “with templates from any HTML editor on any web server and then automate it.”
4. DatafeedR — Position themselves as “a system that enables you to creat and embed an affiliate store into your WordPress blog.”
5. Easy Content Units — A U.K. equivalent of PopShops, with a price comparison option.
6. DataFeedFile — Borrowed GoldenCAN’s concept and created a similar tool, adding a price comparison shopping functionality.
7. Datafeed Studio — Classic web application installable on the affiliate’s server to upload affiliate data feeds, turning them into websites.
FusePump — Works with a number of (mostly UK-based) merchants helping affiliates “integrate and optimise product data feeds to maximise revenue.”
FeedShare — Another interesting datafeed-import tool wiht a variety of integration methods.
Store Burst UK — Works as a subaffiliate “network”, allowing its users to create and run affiliate shops driven by data feeds.
11. Price Tapestry — PHP and MySQL price comparison engine based on Magic Parser, a PHP library designed for working with affiliate product feeds.
Product Showcase Creator — affSolutions’ “easy to use, web-based tool that creates affiliate-link encoded product showcases in seconds.”
Cusimano Scripts — CGI-bin Perl affiliate scripts put together to allow affiliates to either integrate them into their existing website or use new ones.
Per this replaced with: CSVpig — WordPress plugin which “transforms affiliate data feeds into professional WordPress blogs with thousands of content rich self-publishing posts.”
14. myDataFeedScripts.com — PHP scripts simplifying work with affiliate datafeeds of major affiliate networks, and individual affiliate programs.
Also, do not forget about network-based tools like the following ones (in alphabetical order):
15. Affiliate Window‘s Create-a-Feed — Part of a robust ShopWindow Toolset which allows affiliates to work with a database of several million products.
16. AvantLink‘s Datafeed Manager – The product’s slogan — “customizable datafeeds, updated daily” — speaks for itself, and this tool is definitely worth checking out.
18. LinkShare‘s LinkLocator Direct — “A Web service data feed that provides you with information on advertisers in” the network allowing you “to download different types of creative directly from the advertisers.”
19. PaidOnResults‘ Content Units — A dynamic solution that allows affiliate to cut and past a code into your website, resting assured that “the Content Unit will remain current, with the latest products… without any additional work required.”
As always, if I have missed a robust publicly available tool that you use, please do post about it below (using the “Comments” function).