Having looked at the blogging platform options for affiliates, it is only logical to continue the topic by looking at the top affiliate plugins and WordPress-friendly tools.
Below you will find my list of plugins and tools that affiliates use, and rate highly. The order is merely topical (network-offered plugins, plugins related to the import of data feeds, etc), and does not represent any sort of ranking.
Top 20 WordPress Tools and Plugins for Affiliates
- Affiliate Link Encoder from AvantLink – Detects and changes direct links into affiliate tracking links for the merchants that are in the AvantLink network.
- Commission Junction Product Search – Creates Commission Junction product listings within blog posts and pages.
- Clickbank Widget – Adds targeted ads for Clickbank products to your blog’s sidebar.
- LinkShare RSS DealFeed – Automatically populates your WordPress blog with deals and other promotional content.
- LinkShare AdMix – Helps integrate RSS content ads from LinkShare advertisers with your blog posts.
- PopShops Affiliate Store Plugin – Helps add products to your WP blog from any of the major affiliate networks (LinkShare, Commission Junction, ShareASale, buy.at, Google Affiliate Network, LinkConnector, WebGains, and even in-house based programs like that of Amazon).
- DatafeedR – They call it a “Factory where you build, modify and download your stores, as well as customer support, community forums, and video tutorials.”
- DataFeedFile.com Featured Product Plugin – Helps you add a product of your choice, or allows your blog’s visitors to compare prices across different merchants without leaving your blog.
- Skimlinks Affiliate Marketing Tool – Allows you to “instantly monetize untapped links on your blog.”
- 123Linkit Affiliate Marketing Tool – Transforming keywords into affiliate links.
- Pretty Link – Allows you to “shrink, track and share any URL on the Internet from your WordPress website” creating shortlinks “coming from your own domain.” Each hit is tracked with details “of where the hit came from, the browser, OS and host.”
- Affiliate Link – Another tool to shorten your affiliate links using your own domain name (and not any of the URL-shortening services). Tracking also provided.
- Ad Squares Widget – Helps you display and manage 125×125 ad square banners (and other sizes). Works “with standard affiliate ads, or even with ad network codes.”
- WP125 – A robust and popular ad management plugin for WordPress.
- Amazon Autoposter – Allows users to post products from Amazon.com in their own blogs (automatically, based on keyword match).
- Amazon Product In a Post Plugin – Help you “quickly add a formatted Amazon Product/Item to a post or page by using just the Amazon product ASIN (also known as the ISBN-10).”
- Amazon Affiliate Link Localizer – “Automatically changes any Amazon link on your site to use your affiliate ID” and “also changes the link to point to the user’s local (i.e. country-specific) Amazon store.”
- Amazon Store – Helps you quickly create your own Amazon affiliate store.
- Amazon Post Purchase – Based on the above-quoted Product In a Post plugin, but works with sidebars “in themes that support dynamic sidebars.”
- Amazon Product Link Widget – Another sidebar widget for Amazon product links/ads.
Have I missed your favorite plugin? Please post it about it below!