It’s Friday again, and returning to my old tradition of compiling and blogging #FollowFriday type lists, I’d like to bring you one today too. Following the earlier-described idea of focused digestion of information, today I’d like to draw your attention to 10 luminaries who, in my opinion, must be followed — and not only on Twitter, but everywhere they appear (on conferences and in webinars, in their blog posts and other online and offline writing).
Here’s my (alphabetical by first name) list:
- Aaron Wall — Twitter | Blog — Search engine marketer, blogger, and author of a popular SEO Book blog.
- Avinash Kaushik — Twitter | Blog — Web analytics expert, author of Web Analytics 2.0 and Web Analytics: An Hour A Day, Digital Marketing Evangelist at Google, and Co-Founder of Market Motive.
- Bryan Eisenberg — Twitter | Blog — One of the world’s leading digital marketing optimization experts, keynote speaker, New York Times best selling author, and columnist.
- Danny Sullivan — Twitter | Blog — Search marketing expert, runs Search Engine Land, and produces the SMX: Search Marketing Expo conference series.
- Jim Sterne — Twitter — Founder of eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit, Web Analytics Association, and author of multiple books including Social Media Metrics: How to Measure and Optimize Your Marketing Investment.
- Linda Bustos — Twitter | Blog — As a Director of Ecommerce Research at Elastic Path, she oversees and is a regular contributor to the Get Elastic Ecommerce Blog while providing consulting services to some of the largest ecommerce sites in the world.
- Lisa Barone — Twitter | Blog — Co-Founder and Chief Branding Officer of Outspoken Media, Inc. Blogs on SEO, branding, social media, and much more.
- Michael Stelzner — Twitter | Blog — Author of Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition and Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep Them Engaged, the popular Social Media Marketing Industry Report, and the man behind large summits, such as the Social Media Success Summit.
- Mitch Joel — Twitter | Blog — President of Twist Image, blogger and podcaster of Six Pixels of Separation; marketer, speaker, author, journalist.
- Rand Fishkin — Twitter | Blog — CEO and Co-Founder of SEOmoz, blogger, and well-known speaker who loves “the worlds of SEO & technology startups.”
If it so happened that I’ve missed your favorite luminary, please do post about them below. That’s what the “Comments” field is for!
6 thoughts on “10 Internet Marketing Luminaries to Follow”
What an honor,thank you Geno!
Nothing to thank me for. As far as I see things, you truly belong to this list. Have a good long weekend, Linda.
Thanks for the great compilation of 10 Internet Marketing Luminaries to Follow. 😉
BTW, Jim Sterne’s book:
Social Media Metrics: How to Measure and Optimize Your Marketing Investment
is one of the most insightful and entertaining publications about social media analytics I have read in a long time.
One person who also belongs in the list is Prof. Thomas H. Davenport
(the President’s Distinguished Professor of Information Technology and Management at Babson College)
Prof. Davenport wrote quite a few ground-breaking books as well and delivers memorable speeches about analytics.
Competing on Analytics: The New Science of Winning
Analytics at Work: Smarter Decisions, Better Results
Anna E. Kobylinska
McKinley Denali Incorporated
Thanks for the comment, Anna. Yes, Thomas Davenport definitely belongs here too.
Great list, thanks for sharing. For anyone looking for some additional marketing talent to follow, we’ve just created an infographic with a similar list which can be found here: http://www.seo.com/blog/the-stars-of-search-marketing-infographic/
Excellent infographic, Breeanne. Right on the money/topic! Thanks for linking to it from here.