It’s Friday again, and returning to my old tradition of compiling and blogging #FollowFriday type lists, I’d like to bring you one today too. Following the earlier-described idea of focused digestion of information, today I’d like to draw your attention to 10 luminaries who, in my opinion, must be followed — and not only on Twitter, but everywhere they appear (on conferences and in webinars, in their blog posts and other online and offline writing).
Here’s my (alphabetical by first name) list:
- Aaron Wall — Twitter | Blog — Search engine marketer, blogger, and author of a popular SEO Book blog.
- Avinash Kaushik — Twitter | Blog — Web analytics expert, author of Web Analytics 2.0 and Web Analytics: An Hour A Day, Digital Marketing Evangelist at Google, and Co-Founder of Market Motive.
- Bryan Eisenberg — Twitter | Blog — One of the world’s leading digital marketing optimization experts, keynote speaker, New York Times best selling author, and columnist.
- Danny Sullivan — Twitter | Blog — Search marketing expert, runs Search Engine Land, and produces the SMX: Search Marketing Expo conference series.
- Jim Sterne — Twitter — Founder of eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit, Web Analytics Association, and author of multiple books including Social Media Metrics: How to Measure and Optimize Your Marketing Investment.
- Linda Bustos — Twitter | Blog — As a Director of Ecommerce Research at Elastic Path, she oversees and is a regular contributor to the Get Elastic Ecommerce Blog while providing consulting services to some of the largest ecommerce sites in the world.
- Lisa Barone — Twitter | Blog — Co-Founder and Chief Branding Officer of Outspoken Media, Inc. Blogs on SEO, branding, social media, and much more.
- Michael Stelzner — Twitter | Blog — Author of Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition and Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep Them Engaged, the popular Social Media Marketing Industry Report, and the man behind large summits, such as the Social Media Success Summit.
- Mitch Joel — Twitter | Blog — President of Twist Image, blogger and podcaster of Six Pixels of Separation; marketer, speaker, author, journalist.
- Rand Fishkin — Twitter | Blog — CEO and Co-Founder of SEOmoz, blogger, and well-known speaker who loves “the worlds of SEO & technology startups.”
If it so happened that I’ve missed your favorite luminary, please do post about them below. That’s what the “Comments” field is for!