Affiliate Summit, the industry’s major conference, is only 45 days away. I am, of course, alluding to this year’s East Coast conference which is set to take place in the already-traditional Hilton New York on August 12-14, 2012.
I will be speaking at the conference, participating in a panel on the importance of building relationships in affiliate marketing. Between my solo presentations and one other panel, this will be my 7th appearance at Affiliate Summits (see the other ones listed here), and I am excited — but especially, because of the topic. The full panel’s title is Building High-Impact Relationships in Affiliate Marketing, and our target audience is going to be merchants and affiliate managers.
Whether you are an affiliate, or a merchant, an agency, or an affiliate manager, I would really appreciate it if you could share your thoughts on the subject right under this post. In return, I’ll give away two Networking Plus Passes (formerly known as Gold Passes) which are currently worth $549 each.
Again, all you need to do is post a comment below, and either share a relevant story/case, example, or just thoughts on the subject of relationships in affiliate marketing. Here are just a few questions that may help get the thought process going:
- What makes up truly “high-impact” relationships (for affiliate, and/or affiliate manager)?
- Importance of the communication channel, preferred ways of contact; and how far is too far?
- Do affiliates really want an honest, meaningful relationship? [see this too]
- How are “high-impact relationships” between affiliates and merchants/AMs similar (or different) from healthy personal relationships?
- Got a story that illustrates your point well? By all means, do share it too!
Important: To allow the time for your travel/lodging arrangements, the deadline to submit your comment is Wednesday, July 25 (of course, you’re most welcome to comment after this date too, but those “submissions” won’t qualify you for the draw). I will announce the winners on July 26, 2012.
Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.